Dual Monitor issues (please help..)

Precedentbug

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I Have a DVI Cable going to VGA for my main monitor (Works) And a VGA To VGA going from Motherboard to Monitor (Since my GPU Doesn't have another port for connecting Cables)

if anyone can help me set this up, that'd be greatly appreciated, also i have the 1995 to 2001 Something something American BIOS :p

Precedentbug

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Yes, i also tried hooking up a HDMI to VGA Cable going from GPU To Monitor, that did detect it and i was able to move my cursor out to my second one, but the second monitor was blank :/

Always start bu listing your PC specs - especially motherboard and gpu model names.

Generally - when discrete graphics card is present in the system, integrated GPU gets disabled automatically.
To enable it, you have to change settings in BIOS (those settings depend on motherboard model). The setting could be called "multi-monitor" feature or something similar.

What's the problem with listing motherboard model name?

Here - primary graphics adapter - change to onboard.
Screenshot_20171117_150300.png

BTW - your motherboard may not have onboard integrated gpu or it may be available only with some specific cpu model installed or maybe BIOS doesn't have option to enable iGPU, when discrete GPU present.
That's a lot of guesses you have to make, when not knowing motherboard model name.

Is it this one? You know - you could just open your pc and read label on the motherboard.
1024.png

Anyway - if Primary graphics adapter setting can not be changed to onboard, then
it's possible - using both iGPU and discrete GPU is not supported.

Did you check graphics driver settings inside windows? Is second monitor being detected there?

Precedentbug

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I justt created a text document and dragged it out of my screen over to my second monitor, it's as its there but a blank screen :((

i try to turn it on but i get a "no signal, going to sleep" maybe there is something in the settings somewhere? :?

Precedentbug

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Why would it matter anyway, The monitor works, and for all i know its a GTX 960 2GB OC Made by GIGABYTE and i don't know the exact monitor name anyway, all its picking up is a Generic PvP monitor, just like my main.

You know - it's rather annoying, when you have to ask multiple times for hardware specs.

Why do specs matter?
Because, then it would be possible to check available video outputs on the graphics card, available video inputs on monitor and think of possible solutions for connecting them.

BTW - gigabyte has 7 GTX 960 models with OC in their model name. All of them have minimum 4 video outputs (some even more): at least 1 dvi, at least one hdmi and at least one dp output.

So connect your second monitor by using active hdmi to vga adapter or active dp to vga adapter and be done with it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Active-Adapter-Benfei-Converter-Gold-Plated/dp/B01KLKQN9U
https://www.amazon.com/Accell-DisplayPort-VGA-Active-Adapter/dp/B003HC85D2