New budget PC Build. Thoughts?

Shaun_6

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2015
Hey guys.

Just in the process of building a new PC (just the tower). Built it on a budget of $2000AUD. I already have an Acer 34" 3440x1440 ultrawide monitor, a couger 700m mouse and a blackwidow stealth keyboard. I've ordered the new parts and they are slowly arriving. Just wondering about you guys thoughts and opinions? Thanks.

The parts list:

Intel Core i5 8400 2.8GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Six Core, 6 Thread CPU
ASRock Z370 ITX AC Motherboard
Deepcool Maelstrom 120T AIO Liquid Cooler Red LED Fan
Gigabyte GTX1080Ti 11GB AORUS PCIe Video Card
be quiet! System Power 8 600W Power Supply
Team DARK ROG Certified 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000MHz
Lite-On 256GB M2 SATA-3 Solid State Drive
Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3.1 Micro ATX Case

WildCard999

Titan
It's a good build, although I would of changed a few things. Instead of the AIO I would of gone with the Cryorig H7 as you can't overclock that 8400 and it runs pretty cool. With that motherboard (good choice) I would of went with the Phanteks ITX case (personal choice). As for the SSD I would of gone with the Crucial MX300 275gb M.2 SSD as I'm not too sure how good the Lite-On are and it gives you a little more space on the drive. The memory and GPU are good and I'm pretty sure that PSU is good quality. All in all its a good build and will pair well with that X34.

Shaun_6

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2015

Thanks for your input Wildcard :)
Yeah as for the AIO it was only $59 and i wasn't sure how a air cooler would go fitting on the Mini-ITX. To be honest i was still a little worried about size of the waterblock/pump on the Maelstrom as this is my first ITX build.
That Phanteks ITX case is very nice. I like Phanteks gear, but i was on a very tight budget and had to go with what ever i could afford. That Cooler Master case was only $59 haha, so it will have to do for now.
I managed to pick up that M.2 of ebay for $88. It had been pulled from a laptop with a broken screen. Be interesting to see how such an unknown name brand goes.
At the start of next year when i get some money together i'd like to get a Phanteks Evolv Shift X and move to a 8700k and do a full custom loop to cool both the GPU and CPU. Should be fun. See how things go.
All these prices are AUD too.

Shaun_6

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2015

Yeah sure I can do that, there probably won't be much to it though as there's not much modding to be done. Just plug and play really, but yeah it should still look pretty cool :) That build is very clean. Great use of the space:) These ITX builds have definitely taken my interest lately. I'd like to do a build very similar to this. All hardline tubing too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sCJ-tTV7rA&t=147s