Anybody have a cheap used z68 or z77 mobo?

WhiteSnake91

Distinguished
It appears my z77 asrock extreme4 mobo has died sadly , yee served me well... used DDU, froze, used DDU again, tried a different gpu and pc still froze buzzing several times in one day and I previously used the same ram in another pc so I know that's fine, nothing else it could be...

my i7 2600k is still a very solid cpu so I'd like a new mobo for it, a few years ago I used to see quite a few cheap z68 or z77 mobos on sale here, anybody still around with some?

I'm located in USA, if you do have one, plz follow the rules and also post a pic with your username and date written on a piece of paper next to the mobo, long term reliable member here is also a major plus.

I feel your pain, my 2500k was on an asrock mobo that broke and the best price I have found for new mobo was like 400-600 $ for a 250$ mobo.

Sold it and got a new 7600k system. 10% performance gain for a 300$ more system is a rip-off. Feel even more shafted because of coffeelake i5 6 core.

Shame on intel and mobo corp for discontinuing a system that is capable even in 2017.

Good luck

WhiteSnake91

Distinguished
yeah, even on newegg the cheapest is like $125 for a refurbed z68 from china with a rinky dink 60 day warranty and no reviews on it or the seller, high dollar china ones on ebay too. Very wary to trust them tbh.... I'm shocked to see how much am3+ has risen to as well....I would have upgraded to ryzen earlier this year but I couldn't justify the high cost of ddr4 it'd need to not be crippled (3000mhz+) , 16gb of high dollar ddr4 is kinda hard to justify when my 16gb of "slow" 1333 does tasks and plays games just fine to me with my old sandy bridge.

rinky dink 760g chipset am3+ mobos are somewhat reasonable in their costs online, but they'd just throttle with the 8 core fx I'd want in it...then again maybe an fx 6300 would suffice for what I do....if I can't find a good mobo cheap for my 1155 chip I may say screw it and go FX 6 core and see how it fares

sorry if that was a bit of a ramble but it's the summary of my sucky situation atm lol...I refuse to support price gougers....

looking at your sig, i'd be of the opinion that you just sell most of the parts from your 2 rigs, keeping the RX480 and PSU, and put the money to a decent mid-range system. For about 400 bucks you can get a Ryzen 1600 (OC it to 3.8ghz), B350 mobo and 16gb of 2400mhz ram. jam in the 480, and away you go with a much better gaming rig than either of the two you currently have.

depends on exactly what it is you want to achieve though.

edit: Oh, and save the SSD too, and maybe the HD too (although 4tb seems like a lot - I wouldn't have any use for the much) but you could still sell it and get a 1tb HD, and along with the SSD may still be enough for you, or not :)

WhiteSnake91

Distinguished
oops I updated my signature earlier, I no longer have that Phenom x6 system, I did happen to find a decent priced z68 from a good seller on ebay, I couldn't justify the ryzen when the 2600k plays anything I play pretty well, I'll post here again if the board is defective, in the meantime, I'll be paid soon again and if anybody has a z68/z77 board they'd sell cheap I wouldn't mind having a backup mobo.

lemme find the pc part picker list I made earlier....I chose 3200 ram since it was only 15 more bucks than the cheapest 16gb set : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tLHqgL after rebate would have been $418 versus the $78 one I just got on ebay from a US seller to get my i7 2600k build running again lol. Urgh....I just couldn't justify it

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Look at P67 boards, most can run ivy and will surely run your sandy without issue. Z77 brought very few gains. I have an Extreme 3, not for sale I don't think. I do have a 760G/FX-6300 I want to sell though. Might be better than 760G actually. I own about 14 gaming desktops. Don't ask. lol