Looking for a compatible cooler for my EVGA GTX 1060 3GB

SqiffyRaptor

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
I have been having some thermal issues with my GTX 1060 recently, and learned that the cooler I have may very well be the worst one available. (Linked here) I was just wondering what coolers would be compatible with this card. I want it to be air cooled, the size doesn't really matter as I have a rather large case, and if at all possible, I would like a black and red theme to it. (Although the black part is more important) Thanks in advance.

SqiffyRaptor

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016

If I put the fan at max speed, it caps off at about 87C. At normal speed, it could reach temps approaching 95C. But as of recently, it just crashes. I have spoken to EVGA, and they have just agreed to replace the card, as it is likely fried; but I still want to get a different cooler for the replacement card so that this doesn't happen again. Especially since these temps were the same when I first bought the card about 6 months ago. I thought it might be my case, but i took off the side panel and it only lowered to about 85C at max fan speed.

SqiffyRaptor

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016

It's not quite here yet. I just don't want to use this specific cooler again when I get my new card in, especially since other people are having issues with high temps using this cooler. From what i've seen, it's basically like a cheap Intel stock CPU cooler. This is because I bought the lowest end model that EVGA offers. I noticed that the card had tons of extra holes on the back of it, so I wanted to know what coolers I could buy for it. I could even go on ebay and get coolers from other 1060's, but I need to know what's compatible with this card.

SqiffyRaptor

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016

EVGA will not give me an improved model, and I have tried both increasing the fan speed, and getting more fans for my case. I also tried taking the side panel off. It did virtually nothing.

Isn't that EVGA have somekind of step up program? If you still elligible for it then using the step up program will be much cheaper than replacing the cooler on the card. Also most of after market cooler only designed for reference card. If the pcb arrangement (heatsink screw hole and gpu surface height) is similar to the reference one then it might fit.

SqiffyRaptor

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016

It looks like the step up program is only available within 90 days of purchase. I bought it about 6 months ago. As for the cooler, do you have any idea which ones might work? There is a picture of the back of the card on newegg's website linked here.

SqiffyRaptor

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016

Thank you! I'm going to get the ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus cooler linked here. I'm probably going to paint the fan red though, and remove the stickers. (I've got a black and red theme going, and a glass side panel)