I'm forced to upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7..

Wonderclam

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
My PC just took a crap. Had to upgrade the motherboard, CPU and RAM.

Now my Windows 7 is telling me I have 3 days to activate, but it wouldn't let me. My product key is banned. Can't upgrade my Windows to 10 because my product can't activated.

Ok, so now I have to geto Windows 10.

Which version should of Windows 10 should I get? Is there a site where I can get a legit Windows copy for a bit cheaper than full asking price like at a discount or something?

Also, I want to be able to just download the copy as an ISO for me to burn on to a disc, so all the updates are already in.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

If you have the time now to do it, sure go for it. Then buy a license in a few days to unlock it completely.

Wonderclam

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Cheapest partpicker had was $88 for home edition and it's a physical copy. Will there be even cheaper ones that are just license keys and is not the full physical/box/dvd copy?

Is Home edition good enough for gaming or am I going to lose out on something?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Not legit. The only way to get a legit license key is to buy a physical copy (or buy from Microsoft which costs more).

Home is fine for gaming. The features Pro adds you do not need.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Yes, go into settings and then "Update and Security" , then activation, and it will say "Windows is not activated" and there is a link where you can enter the key right in there. Done, that simple!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Yeah thats the same as getting from microsoft. They will just send you a key, you still will download from the link I sent.