Monitor is only allowing me to use 60hz setting when it is a 144hz

roscowmoo

Reputable
Apr 24, 2015
Hey guys,
I bought a second monitor (Benq XL2411Z) which is the same as my other monitor and my 980 only has one DVI port so I bought a displayport to DVI so I could use the second monitor assuming that it would run at 144hz. Now when I go to change the refresh rate on my second monitor, only the 60hz option is available. If I make the resolution lower I can increase the refresh rate, but obviously I do not want to do this. Am I not able to change the refresh rate because of this adapter? Or is there a way to make it so I can use 144hz on the second monitor?
Cheers

Normal DisplayPort to DVI adapters are Single-Link only. 144 Hz requires Dual-Link DVI.

roscowmoo

Reputable
Apr 24, 2015

Hey my Displayport to DVI adapter is Dual-Link

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Even if active, i haven't seen not one yet living upto expectation of more than 60hz. Reviewers of sites like amazon and newegg are full of disappointments because they want Dp to dvi or vice versa as they know both can do 144hz so why not work together right? Don't know of one yet.

If it says Dual-Link it's about 75% likely to be Single-Link. If it doesn't say Dual-Link it's definitely Single-Link only.