1080p on a 720p monitor

Farhan12

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
I have a 720p monitor but during gaming (games like far cry 3), I set it to 1080p . Will this reduce my fps by any chance? What will happen?

Solution
Everything will be off if the game settings do not match the actual monitor resolution except possibly in a few rare situations, maybe. Much is determined by that.

You are saying that you set the GAME resolution to 1080p, not the monitor resolution, right? Because unless you have a configuration that allows you to use a virtual resolution, I'm not sure how you'd even do that. Personally, I'd recommend the game resolution be set the same as the monitor.

Anything else could potentially create visual or performance issues.
Everything will be off if the game settings do not match the actual monitor resolution except possibly in a few rare situations, maybe. Much is determined by that.

You are saying that you set the GAME resolution to 1080p, not the monitor resolution, right? Because unless you have a configuration that allows you to use a virtual resolution, I'm not sure how you'd even do that. Personally, I'd recommend the game resolution be set the same as the monitor.

Anything else could potentially create visual or performance issues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS