2 Monitor + laptop display need help please!

ncparker17

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
I'm trying to help my mom recreate her workstation from work at home so she can work from home more. At work she has a laptop, she docks it to a docking station and it connects to 2 monitors. She closes the laptop and the monitors have 2 different displays that she can work off. I have a VGA splitter to connect the monitors with the laptop. I can get the laptop to mirror both monitors. I can get the laptop to display separately from the additional monitors. I cannot get the monitors to display separate displays.

Solution
VGA splitter only mirror the output ... you may be able to extend to one monitor but not both

what you need is a docking that can allow multiple output such as VGA, hdmi and dp to extend the output to 2 or more monitors , or get a USB to vga or hdmi and it will resolve your problem

D JAY Cva

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
VGA splitter only mirror the output ... you may be able to extend to one monitor but not both

what you need is a docking that can allow multiple output such as VGA, hdmi and dp to extend the output to 2 or more monitors , or get a USB to vga or hdmi and it will resolve your problem

Solution