Issues when working on 2 monitors with different resolution

themiziko

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
Hey guys ! So I currently have 2 different resolution and size monitors, One 27 and one 24. One is 2560x1440 and the other 1980 x1080.

• Is there any way to make it, so that there's no "dead bar" under my main big screen ? meaning, when I try to switch to second monitor I need to have my mouse at the middle of the edge of the bigger screen for my mouse to go to the 2nd smaller monitor ?

Is there any way to prevent my windows from Scaling when I Move them between monitors ?

Solution
When using two monitors with different resolutions, there is bound to be an issue like you have described. I have a similar setup (a 39 inch FHD TV set at 4K with DSR alongwith a 24 inch LG monitor at FHD). In windows 10, I went to display settings and re arranged my 24 inch monitor to have the bottom lines of each screen to be in the same line horizontally. This way, I can reach my 24 inch monitor from the lowest part and the middle part of the TV but not from the higher part of the TV. This is better than what you have and is worth a try.

AFAIK, you cannot use 2 screens with different resolutions and still have monitor jump from one screen to the other at all parts. There is at least one part of the big screen that will have...

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
When using two monitors with different resolutions, there is bound to be an issue like you have described. I have a similar setup (a 39 inch FHD TV set at 4K with DSR alongwith a 24 inch LG monitor at FHD). In windows 10, I went to display settings and re arranged my 24 inch monitor to have the bottom lines of each screen to be in the same line horizontally. This way, I can reach my 24 inch monitor from the lowest part and the middle part of the TV but not from the higher part of the TV. This is better than what you have and is worth a try.

AFAIK, you cannot use 2 screens with different resolutions and still have monitor jump from one screen to the other at all parts. There is at least one part of the big screen that will have boundaries. But, let's wait for others to chip in. :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS