Unidentified Network No Internet (Ethernet)

22danny.p

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
Hi, I have had this issue turn up on my PC a few days ago out of nowhere and nothing I have tried has fixed it. I am plugged directly into the router via ethernet cable and it was working perfectly until it just wasn't. The same cable plugged into my laptop works fine, and my PC can connect over Wifi but it is very slow and unstable (it always was).

So far I have tried:
- Restarting everything
- Running all the troubleshooters
- checking relevant drivers for updates
- In ethernet properties, setting IPv4 DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4
- In ethernet properties, setting IPv4 Ip address to google defaults
- command prompt IPconfig/release then renew
- netsh winsock reset and ipconfig/flushdns
- Running Reimage restore
- Restoring to earlier version of windows 10

So I am really stuck at the moment, any ideas or suggestions of where to go next would be great, thanks.

22danny.p

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from 22danny.p : "Unidentified Network No Internet (Ethernet)"

Hi, I have had this issue turn up on my PC a few days ago out of nowhere and nothing I have tried has fixed it. I am plugged directly into the router via ethernet cable and it was working perfectly until it just wasn't. The same cable plugged into my laptop works fine, and my PC can connect over Wifi but it is very slow and unstable (it always was).

So far I have tried:
- Restarting everything
- Running all the troubleshooters
- checking relevant drivers for updates
- In ethernet properties, setting IPv4 DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4
- In ethernet properties, setting IPv4 Ip address to google defaults
- command prompt IPconfig/release then renew
- netsh winsock reset and ipconfig/flushdns
- Running Reimage restore
- Restoring to earlier version of windows 10

So I am really stuck at the moment, any ideas or suggestions of where to go next would be great, thanks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like your PC's Ethernet adapter itself may be the issue. It is possible that the port itself if the problem. Look inside it for obstructions, debris, or bent contacts. Also, make sure that the Ethernet cable is fully inserted and locked into place.

22danny.p

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
Had a real good look in there and it all seems perfect, the computer is only a few months old.
Is the next step a replacement ethernet adapter the next step or is there something else I can try first?

(Sorry and thanks for fixing the double post, I wasn't sure where it belonged)

COLGeek

Cybernaut

22danny.p

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
I don't have another cable that can reach my computer, but the same cable plugged into my laptop works just fine with the speeds I was getting on my pc before it broke. Tried different ports on the router too yea :/