USB devices dont work after windows 10 fall creators update

Ravedous

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
Hello! So i tried to update to the fall creators update, then it got stuck at 33%, then i tried it again but removed all my devices from the usb ports to help solve the problem. It updated, then i tried to sign in but none of my devices work, no keyboard and mouse worked, i go into the bios and everything works fine there but not windows. I install a windows 10 media creation tool using my laptop and put it on a usb, i go into my pc bios to boot from usb, then it boots and go into repair, troubleshoot, then startup repair, then it tells me startup repair couldn't repair your pc. So I try to go back to previous version, then it tells me we ran into a problem and wont be able to take you back to the previous version of windows, try resetting your pc instead. So i try to find an option but the only option is to use a system recovery or image which both i dont have. Any help?

Ravedous

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
Ok so i tried to go back to the previous version AGAIN, and asked me whether i wanted an upgrade or a clean installation, so i removed usb and click yes to upgrade. It took me back the previous version and i logged in and checked all my usb devices are now working. But does this mean i can't update anymore cuz my devices will stop working? Or should i try to update again but keeping my devices connected?

Mar 24, 2018
Hi,

Same problem here with a Linksys WUSB6400M adapter. I've tried other adapters but same result.

In my case extremely slow download speed at 2Mbits/s but fast upload 300Mbits/s. Link status between router and adapter shows 650Mbits/s.

Tried a lot of things, remove, reinstall, restart and use other driver set but no success. Always thinking about a driver problem.

Then shutdown all system and switch off motherboad, switch on and load into windows 10 build 1709 and to my surprise speed is normal again.

Seem to be some sort of hw problem related with usb, really do not know how to solve it.