ASUS or LG?!

winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
Hello. So I am looking forward to buy a new gaming monitor soon. So I need help to choose between 2. ASUS or LG.
1. ASUS VG278Q
2. LG 24GM79G-B
So both are 144hertz which I was looking for,1920x1080. But which is better? More stronger,durable. You opinions?
Thanks!

Solution

To counter a relative subjective experience with the like; of 5 Asus monitors and 1 Asus laptop in the past 3 years I have not had a single dead pixel.

winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
Yes,also both are 1ms response time. but LG says "5ms GTG, 1ms MBR" I know they are Grey to Grey and Motionblur Reduction. But does it mean that 1ms response time can be enabled and disabled?

MOTION BLUR in this context is caused by the slight delay in transitioning between pixel color (5ms GTG method of analysis).

https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/motion-blur-reduction/

This stems back to a method they discovered in normal FILM theaters where they put a spinning DISC in front of the light source to periodically block the light so many times per second because for some reason doing this gives our eyes a break (they become overstimulated) and helps reduce perceived blur.

MBR is a setting on the monitor that can be enabled or disabled (there may be some drawback in visuals you don't like such as REDUCED BRIGHTNESS).

So it's 5ms GTG without, and 1ms GTG with.

Just my two cents, Asus warranties and customer service are great.

Themastererr

Respectable
May 22, 2016
ASUS has great customer service but the worst quality control. Dead pixels are common.

I went with my buddy to buy his BenQ 144hz monitor, we asked the salesman if he thought the extended warranty was a good idea. He said -"If it was an ASUS monitor I would get extended coverage"

To counter a relative subjective experience with the like; of 5 Asus monitors and 1 Asus laptop in the past 3 years I have not had a single dead pixel.

Solution