What is wrong with the forum interface?

Rob1C

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
I agree, it can't be dismissed on Android Firefox but with Chrome there's a tiny [X] that works fine.

I got rid of it by choosing a Link and then hitting the Banner to return to the main webpage.

---

Another issue:

On Firefox I wasn't getting images in the articles so I loaded a Plugin to alter my User Agent to "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:42.0) Gecko/42.0 Firefox/42.0".

Basically that means I'm using F2F42 under X11 on Linux, changing it to say I was using Chrome was somehow detected and still wouldn't show images (despite Chrome working correctly).

Also the ADs on Firefox are more intrusive and seem to be covering part of the top information (which disappears once the top banner AD fully loads), yet on Chrome it's OK.

IF different CSS (or whatever the issue is) is going to be used for different Browsers the Webmaster needs to check with each Browser you are messing around with.

Sometimes being tricky with the way you serve something ends up making a mess.

I (many people) don't have these sort of problems on many dozens of other websites, only here at Tom's - unfortunately some of the articles are being littered with comments concerning the functionality of the website rather than making a pertinent comment about the article.

One reply correctly mentioned to go to the Forums to bring this up.

I agree with fordongreenman about his complaint but that is just one of many examples.

Perhaps a better 'HTML Menu Library' wouldn't experience these cross browser compatibility issues.

Thanks, we know your working to make things better and last month made a bunch of changes which have resulted in various issues.