I have a 60hz monitor, is it ok for gaming.

rohram04

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
I am on a budget and already have a 1080p Asus vs247 monitor. Is it ok for gaming? It's max refresh rate is 60hz I think and 1080p for resolution. I think and I am mainly going to be playing overwatch and destiny 2. Maybe upgrading down the line (keep in my mind I will only be able to in a year). Or should I try to snag a deal on a 144 or 120hz monitor tomorrow (which is black friday). If i do try to get a deal for black friday what prices will 144 or 120hz 1080p monitors go down to?

Solution
It is fine to game on a 60hz monitor, most people do. if you are thinking of a faster monitor, make sure your video card is up to it or it is wasted money.

rohram04

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
Is screen tearing a big problem or can I lower my settings to get rid of it. If I have to lower my settings, by how much because if I have to lower it to 30fps 720p I might as well get a better monitor as I am coming from console.

sid.sinha12300

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017

gtx 1050it is good card there will be no prob u can use vsync it will slow down ur gpu to ur monitors refresh rate but if u have a good budget then go for 144hz monitor and enjoy :)

and no need to low down your settings bro a little screen tearing will not effect much might be u i'll not even notice them.

if u r going to buy 1050ti go for msi gtx 1050ti gaming x.

rohram04

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
Thanks for the recommendation on the graphics card. Waiting on black friday deals to buy my parts and I will be looking forward to upgrade my monitor in the future as right now I am already peaking a little over my budget.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

DO NOT do this. There are some monitors you can get away with overclocking, most you cannot, and if you do there is a very good chance of ruining it.

Please do not make dangerous suggestions such as this.