Can’t login to pc

stephenkhong7

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
Just updated pc running Windows 10. I come back to try to login everything seems fine on boot up but once I enter my password to login it says “welcome” with the loading circle but then the screen blinks black and it brings me back to the lock screen? I can’t get into to my desktop!? I get this message when trying to check for system error and it says it can not fix it. “C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt”

Solution
ON the page before the login screen, where you hit space to get login screen to appear, click on the power button in bottom right of screen
while holding down shift key, click restart PC
this should load a blue menu

see if we can get to safe mode:
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

now if you can get into safe mode, I would try to do the next thing as srtTrail.txt seems to tie into System file checker
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, type this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage...

Colif

Win 11 Master
ON the page before the login screen, where you hit space to get login screen to appear, click on the power button in bottom right of screen
while holding down shift key, click restart PC
this should load a blue menu

see if we can get to safe mode:
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

now if you can get into safe mode, I would try to do the next thing as srtTrail.txt seems to tie into System file checker
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, type this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Solution