BSOD i7 6700k 4.5 ghz Overclock

Klassic

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015
Recently my computer was experiencing issues where my windows would completely freeze and become unresponsive. I decided to reset my pc and reinstall windows via windows reinstallation cd provided by my pc's manufacturer. I successfully reinstalled windows and everything was working fine, until around 4 hours up time. I experienced a blue screen with the given error, "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal." I continued to experience these blue screens after around 4 - 5 hours. I have an i7 6700k overclocked to 4.5 @ 1.325V. I stress tested it for around 3 hours and it passed fine. My pc worked perfectly for over a year while overclocked, so I'm not sure if the CPU overclock is the source of the blue screen issue. I'm testing to see if it will blue screen on default CPU currently. It seems to blue screen even when I'm idle too and not gaming. I'm not very familiar with PC troubleshooting, so help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

IRQ errors are normally Drivers, sometimes ram but that one you got says driver_irql_not_less_or_equal which is a clue.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

IRQ errors are normally Drivers, sometimes ram but that one you got says driver_irql_not_less_or_equal which is a clue.

Solution