Solved

my laptop have ssd and hdd. I have used win 10 on ssd, and now i want to install win 7 on hdd. Can you show me, pls?

My laptop have ssd and hdd. i install win 10 on ssd. and now i want to install win 7 on HDD. But i can't do it. Help me! tks.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop ssd hdd win ssd install win hdd show pls
  1. unplug the ssd, install win7 on the hdd
    replug the SSD and try booting from the SSD, boot priority in BIOS
  2. generally its a better idea to put win 7 on before 10 as doing it the way helpster suggests will mean neither OS knows the other is there and booting between them will be annoying.

    What laptop is it? Does it have win 7 drivers? If its only new you might find it can't even run win 7.
  3. helpstar said:
    unplug the ssd, install win7 on the hdd
    replug the SSD and try booting from the SSD, boot priority in BIOS


    Dear helpstar,
    i did that, but when laptop restart , it has messenger "selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press 'Enter' to continue".
    so, sucure boot: disible. laptop can start win 7. However, starting window doesn't finish.
    Ps: i don't connect SSD.
  4. Colif said:
    generally its a better idea to put win 7 on before 10 as doing it the way helpster suggests will mean neither OS knows the other is there and booting between them will be annoying.

    What laptop is it? Does it have win 7 drivers? If its only new you might find it can't even run win 7.

    Omen by Hp 15 enery star, win 10 home. I haven't yet checked driver for win 7. new laptop.
  5. Is it this one? https://support.hp.com/vn-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-omen-15-5000-notebook-pc/7281265/model/7538583

    it only has win 8 and 10 drivers, you going to have a hard time running win 7 with no drivers.
  6. helpstar said:


    Dear helpstar,
    It mean i unplug ssd, and i install win 7 by usb 3.0. Then, evrything is ok, i replug ssd?
  7. Colif said:
    Is it this one? https://support.hp.com/vn-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-omen-15-5000-notebook-pc/7281265/model/7538583

    it only has win 8 and 10 drivers, you going to have a hard time running win 7 with no drivers.


    I think my laptop is same same that. OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15-ax033dx (ENERGY STAR)
  8. when win7 is installed, replug the SSD. Win10 should boot if 1st boot priority in BIOS is set to your SSD. Afterwards you can use tools like BCedit, to get a dual boot menu
  9. Best answer
    Not sure its worth trying to put 7 on it, Helpster... His PC only has Win 10 drivers: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-ax000-laptop-pc/10862325/model/11926582

    Headaches getting hardware created after Win 7 was last updated to work on it. Win 7 has no drivers for any of it, Maker didn't make them either. PC is too new.
  10. Think so too, just wanted to know if it would be possible to install win7
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops SSD windows 10 Hard Drives Windows 7