Drivers and windows update problems after fresh install

LiberatedPudding

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014
I just bought a SSD because my hard drive with windows on it was painfully slow but when i tried to launch a game i was only getting about 5 frames in the menu, the same with all my other games as well. After trying to download my nvidia drivers for the past hour but it keeps on saying that it failed even when trying a fresh install, i have no other idea what to do, im trying to update windows as it seems like it is servery under updated but its now stuck at 99% for the last 30min.

Solution
Hi,

..//.. im trying to update windows as it seems like it is servery under updated but its now stuck at 99% for the last 30min. ..//..

Let it be alone, Windows update can sometimes take hours to complete.

Every time one has a new Windows (due to a new computer or a fresh Windows installation), do the following:

1. Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows update => Search for updates.
If updates is being installed, just wait and restart the computer when it says so.

2. Repeat until there are no more updates. It could take several hours.

3. Restart the computer again and check for Windows updates and restart.

4. Install the manufacturers drivers and restart.
When You install the motherboards manufacturer drivers...
Hi,

..//.. im trying to update windows as it seems like it is servery under updated but its now stuck at 99% for the last 30min. ..//..

Let it be alone, Windows update can sometimes take hours to complete.

Every time one has a new Windows (due to a new computer or a fresh Windows installation), do the following:

1. Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows update => Search for updates.
If updates is being installed, just wait and restart the computer when it says so.

2. Repeat until there are no more updates. It could take several hours.

3. Restart the computer again and check for Windows updates and restart.

4. Install the manufacturers drivers and restart.
When You install the motherboards manufacturer drivers, always start with the Chipset drivers - important.

5. Run Windows update again and restart.

The reason is that it might be som older drivers being installed before and very important to install these first and sometimes (very often actually) the manufacturer has released WHQL drivers to the Windows database, and therefore the latest hardware driver will be installed from Windows update database.

Best regards from Sweden

Solution