"Can't connect to proxy", says the browsers even though i don't use a proxy.

rajdeepdutta1999

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
Today i switched on my PC and opened Opera to browse Youtube and Facebook. But it said that it cannot connect to proxy.I tried Chrome, Edge and IE but all of them said the same thing. I don't use a proxy (I use a Wifi adapter to connect to my router since my motherboard's LAN port is damaged) but still to decided to check it. I followed the instructions and opened the Internet settings to check and found that the box beside the proxy option was unchecked (as it should be). But then i discovered after investigating for sometime that, Windows Update is working and is able to download updates and Steam is also working and i can easily play online games like CS:GO without a fuss. Slowly i also found that if i use the VPN provided by Opera browser, then I can access Youtube and other sites but the VPN gets disconnected frequently.
I cant understand what is causing such a problem and any help would be highly appreciated.
[Note: My internet is probably fine because my phone is working properly while connected to the same router as my PC. It can access all websites and is working without any hiccup]

Thanks.

[Sorry for any grammatical mistake]