Realtek audio manager shows unexisting device and doesnt work

zergiocalde.31

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
My audio is not working since i updated to windows 10, i downloaded the audio driver for my asrock g31m-s i know it has realtek alc662, so, when i open realtek audio manager it shows a microphone always connected on the back pannel direclty on the motherboard, and i dont even have a microphone or gaming headset with mic included, when i connect my headphone either on the back or front pannel they are not recognized, i even tried disabling the back pannel audio input on the bios settings hoping the unexisting microphone will no longer appear as conected and only use the front pannel, but it still shows up as connected on realtek audio manger, i have no idea what can be wrong

Hello zergiocalde.31

Looks like the issue is with the audio driver. Can you please try uninstalling the driver from Device Manager, reboot the computer, and let Windows 10 install the default audio driver from within its driver database?

If that doesn't work, you can try any free third-party driver database program such as DriverPack Solution or Snappy Driver Installer and see if any of them can search and install a compatible driver for your computer.

Please report back with the result for any further assistance.

Good Luck!!

zergiocalde.31

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017

i did but both methods failed.

i was thinking it might be the motherboard but then the front pannel should work, is there a chance that the realtek chip is damaged?

- Did those headphones work before the update ( are they the same headphones using the same audio input jack? ).
- What version of Windows do you have as your OS (32 or 64 bit)?
- Which exact driver did you install?
- In the meantime, try not only uninstalling the driver, but also selecting 'Remove Device'.
- Either the software is wrong seeing a mic plugged in, or perhaps that jack is physically damaged, but I would think it would still pass
the audio out okay.

I'm also curious what people think of the recommendation to use Driver search software.
Does anyone trust that stuff?

zergiocalde.31

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017

-Yeah they worked before in both front and back pannel
-Windows 10 64bits
-Realtek High Definition Audio (i did checked the mobo i need realtek not via)
-I think i did that last time but ill give it a shot

ps: i just realized theres another driver installed on "audio output and input" called microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) imma try to remove that