Forum software utterly broken! (constantly having to log back in)

I complained over a month ago about the software being broken. It is still broken. It is worse than ever. I am uncertain but I believe I have had to log back in 14 times today and it is barely noon. At one point I was prompted to log back in 4 times in the span of less than 4 minutes. The main page offers to let me login, but there is a near 100% chance I will be prompted to log in again if I go to a forum. This is ridiculous.

Additionally there is no consistency between which site I am being tossed on to. I start out on tomshardware.com I click on a link and it goes to tomshardware.com or tomshardware.co.uk or sometimes some other random site in the toms hardware group. I have clicked on a link on tomshardware.com re-directed to a tomshardware.com forum-thread. Answered a question. Later I am notified I got a response. And I end up on a completely different site when I follow that response.
To make this even more obvious and more annoying. These sites all have different styles and formatting. For example the tomshardware.com & tomshardware.co.uk look completely different. And everytime you get tossed randomly from one site to another you will once again be prompted to log in.

Passing a credential is not hard. Tracking what site I was on and reasonably expect to remain on is not hard. This is not complex programming. It is just shoddy work. And that it continues month after month is hard to understand.

In your alert to the Moderators, you asked for contact details of the management team and here is the e-mail address:- communities@tomshardware.com.

That will put you on the desks of Johnny_5 and Viddyvane who will take it up with the Community Director, Joe Pishgar.

I'm certain we all share your frustration but be assured work is going on in the background to put all this into the past.

I had this issue initially when Tom's changed the log-in page and the front page. Aside from having issues over the week following the upgrade the issue isn't there anymore. Sounds like a regional issue or one that is possibly browser based to this uninformed layman.

Chrome, Win 10

I have to log in between two pages almost every time. In Windows I was using Firefox 56.0.2 and changed up to 57 with no improvement. My Linux browser is Iceweasel 14 and that's no different.

It's a pain in the rear end and the Development Team is working on the problem but it's clearly more complicated than first thought.

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017
Hi there bjornl,

We're very aware of the issues that have been going on in the forum software since the new sign-on migration and the homepage update. The developers are keenly aware and are constantly reminded of our awareness to these issues. HTTPS certification is also on the docket for developers, and we will be making announcements on the forums once we have approval to do so.

If you have any screenshots, details, and complaints regarding the forum software I am more than happy to take them and report them. Please be sure to email us at: community@tomshardware.com

Thank you!
Caitlin
Assistant Community Manager

If you clear your browser caché and you might find it is a lot better than a week ago. The Devs have eased many of the login problems although it's acknowledged there's still a way to go.

I haven't been booted out of the Forum and had to log more than twice this morning and that would have been two dozen a few days ago.

Stick with us, Mac - it will improve even more.

I do have to refresh my page 100% of the time after logging in. If I don't the Notifications of new answers and private messages with just sit there with those spinning circles and the New Updates box won't ever refresh/post anything. Getting booted has been pretty much eliminated for me. Better? Absolutely. Fixed? Eventually.

I regularly run Ccleaner and Disk Cleanup.

I have also noticed this behavior in the last month or so. In the past I could stay logged into Tom's for months at a time (I normally hibernate my computer at night, rather than shut down). But recently, I have had to log back in a couple of times each day, sometimes more. I use the "see all threads" page on Tom's. I am using Chrome on Windows 8.1 Pro. Southeast Texas is my location. I have cleared the browser's cache just now, so let's see if that helps the matter.

To me, it felt like being half logged in and half out but it really is better today.

All the Moderators have been reporting back to the paid staff with comments and your experiences are anonymously passed on as well. It's all useful to the team working on the problem.