Fastest Response Keyboard

younus1932

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
Hello All,

I have been looking for a fastest responsive keyboard and the only results i have been getting is mechanical keyboard with that sound and this sound. But my requirement is little different.

I am into stock market and i want to make quick trades which means when i press ctrl+1, I want the computer to receive the command ASAP.

So any keyboards in mind which has the quickest responsive time and good for typing. Typing is my secondary need but quickest response time is essential.

Please guide.

Thanks all :)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
While top-end USB KBs come with data rate of 1000 Hz (1ms response time), they have a drawback where they need to compete with all devices that use USB. So, while USB KB does register your key press within 1ms, it can take a bit time for CPU to process the key press request among all other USB devices that are in use.

Old PS/2 port KBs work on interruption basis and when pressing a key on PS/2 KB, the signal interrupts all that CPU is working on and CPU has to accept and process the key press as soon as CPU receives the signal from KB.

So, go for a PS/2 KB, provided that your MoBo has a PS/2 port for PS/2 KB. Also, PS/2 KBs are far cheaper than USB KBs with data rate of 1000 Hz.