Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am very interested in the S2417DG.

1440p
G Sync
24 inch (Desk size)
etc...

However I am not sure if its a good idea to get three of these or just one and two similar monitors that are close to size and cheaper.

I really want three of these to have all of the same really good monitors. I don't really plan to use the Nvidia Surround feature often.

I have read bad reviews on using this other than gaming. For example one of them being really bad color banding. I don't want to get stuck with three monitors that are only good at playing games.

That being said, if I decided to only buy one of these monitors what other two monitors would pair up with it?

Those that have this monitor do you fine it usable to view other stuff besides gaming (watching movies, YouTube, viewing photos?

Solution

If you're going to use all three monitors for tri-monitor gaming it's always better to go with the same model so three s2417dg's would be ideal but if you're using the other two monitors just for videos and multitasking there's no reason to have an expensive g-sync module and high refresh rate just for basic tasks.

Toxic_Cobra

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016

I was debating that too, I decided it was best to do what I did and buy an aw3418dw instead. One monitor vs 3 your choice, on sale for 995 right now

spyke562

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hey Night Owl,

Thanks for the reply. That is a great solution however I want to go with three separate monitors.

Still deciding if I want 3 S2417DG's (when they on sale)

Or

One S2417DG and two other 24 inch monitors that have the same resolution without the expensive G Sync tech.

Toxic_Cobra

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016

If you're going to use all three monitors for tri-monitor gaming it's always better to go with the same model so three s2417dg's would be ideal but if you're using the other two monitors just for videos and multitasking there's no reason to have an expensive g-sync module and high refresh rate just for basic tasks.

Solution