Primary monitor no longer allows native resolution

gnovo8

Reputable
Nov 25, 2017
Earlier today my computer was running as normal, I use two monitors and run Windows 8.1. I have an nvidia GTX 670 graphics card and both monitors are 1080p monitors. I set a couple steam games to download and left home. When I came back home I accidentally powered off my computer because I thought it was off. Now my primary monitor is only displaying in 768 and I can't change it. The games did finish downloading though. I can't change it thought the windows control panel display settings or the nvidia control panel. Also, my graphics card is not showing in device manager.

I tried reinstalling the nvidia drivers and that didn't change anything and I can't restore it to an earlier time. Earlier I uninstalled the nvidia graphics driver and when I tried reinstalling it couldn't detect my gpu so I couldn't reinstall. Then suddenly it was able to detect it again after a few restarts and holding the power down with the power unplugged.

If anyone can suggest any solutions it would be greatly appreciated.
A less important thing, I noticed that my monitor number 1 is on the right and 2 is on the left and I can move between them from left to right as normal. However, when I click identify it says that the one on the right is number 2 and 1 is on the left, contradicting the labels.

TRENDING THREADS