Why won't one of my monitors in my dual monitor setup display 1080p?

Jack_202

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Hey everyone,

So I just bought a new monitor for a dual monitor setup - I already had one previously, bought another one (27" instead of 24"). Everything works fine ... other than the resolution on my new monitor. I connected it up and generally it looked fine, and in the settings it says it is 1920x1080, and everything stated it was 1080p. I am a bit confused because I can tell there is a lower amount of pixels in comparison to my smaller 1080p monitor. Is there any way to fix this? I have already done almost every solution I could find (update drivers, create custom resolution, restart my pc, and so on). Or do you think it is just because the monitor is larger than what I am used to that the resolution looks a bit weird?

Thanks,
Jack.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
"Or do you think it is just because the monitor is larger than what I am used to that the resolution looks a bit weird?"

Yes. each pixel on the larger screen is larger. the larger screen must have the same number of pixels as the other, hence larger pixels.

the pixels on my small 21 inch are much smaller then the pixels on my main displays 50 inches.

Jack_202

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

That may be true, but I have also noticed that all the applications are a lot more squished when they shouldn't be. And the resolution looks weirder than it should; my friend also has a 1080p 27" monitor and it looks perfectly fine in comparison.

Can you please post some screenshots? When you are replying you will see a Polaroid icon above the text box. Click that and paste a direct link(example.jpg, example.bmp and example.bmp) into the resulting box. Pasting https://s5.postimg org/t4ajhopvb/Far_Cry4_2016_11_08_22_14_29_543 jpg results in
Far_Cry4_2016_11_08_22_14_29_543.jpg

Place 50 homes on a acre of land. Now place the same 50 on 1.492 acres. It will look different but apparently something is askew other than the expected.

Jack_202

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

My problem is it is actually quite a noticeable difference; games look worse than they used to, etc. and on my friend's 27" monitor they look very crisp. If there is no solution, should I return the monitor and replace it with a similar one for the same price?