New PC Build Windows 10 Freezing

JakeSl

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
Hello, I have just built a new PC and have been having a weird issue where programs and games freeze randomly among other odd issues. For example, while playing Rainbow 6 some sounds will cut out and not play such as music but not the other sounds, they will continue playing. Sometimes all cut out all together. And then they will play later when they are not supposed too. Also some parts of the HUD wont show sometimes. Another example is PUBG, the games run flawlessly gameplay and FPS wise but they will have weird issues with sound and then freeze up completely and then crash to desktop with no error. Other programs will also freeze and I can still move my mouse but I cannot use the taskbar when it is frozen up. I have tried reinstalling Windows, updating drivers and tested my SSD and RAM for errors. I have Windows installed on an SSD and I have other HDD in my PC as well. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Specs
CPU: Ryzen 1600
RAM: 8gb DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080
SSD:480GB

Solution
It looks like a sound problem, i know with some soundcards you need a patch for windows 10 to get compatibility with them, are you using a soundcard or just default m/board sound, I know I've had weird sounds and CTD in past builds through soundcard issues win 10 is known for them.

sczvanguard

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
It looks like a sound problem, i know with some soundcards you need a patch for windows 10 to get compatibility with them, are you using a soundcard or just default m/board sound, I know I've had weird sounds and CTD in past builds through soundcard issues win 10 is known for them.

Solution