Microphone does not work on laptop.

coreyash

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
Hello, I'm new to this thread so go easy on me. For the life of me I cannot figure this thing out. I have a pair of wire/wireless bluetooth headphones. In order to use the microphone I must use the wire with the on-board mic. The headphones work fine either way when im wired in or using bluetooth to listen. The Mic, however does not. I right click on the sound tab and under recording devices it says there is no headset/mic connected. When I connect via bluetooth, I need to unplug the wired portion of the mic, and then it comes up as a headset connected, but I can't use the mic if it is connected to bluetooth. My laptop came with realtek audio, and all the drivers are updated on windows 10. I've tried to plug in another headphone/mic that aren't bluetooth, but it just doesnt detect that there is anything plugged in under recording devices. The headphones i'm using are skull candy hesh 2 wireless. The audio port is a standard combo headphone/mic jack. Anybody have any ideas?

paulknotek

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
Hello!

Most laptops usually don't have both a headset, and a microphone port (I've personally never have seen any). And is the port you're plugging it into have a red outline, or does it show a microphone symbol? If not, I'd look for a port that does has either of those things.

If it's still not working, you can get an adapter for the port depending on it's use ability.

Hope this helps by any chance!

coreyash

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
Really? I didn't think a combo jack was that uncommon. Its a relatively new computer (I got it on black Friday) The jack shows both a headphones and a microphone coming out of it. I assumed that meant you can plug in a headset and the microphone and headphones would work. Maybe im wrong?

TRENDING THREADS