Looking for Best 1440p 144hz monitor

SpideySound

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Hey everyone, Im looking for a really good 1440p 144hz monitor to pair with my 1080ti.
Ive never used, or even seen a 144hz monitor ever, so im not sure how much ill like it.

My biggest question is, is G sync ABSOLUTELY needed for 144hz gaming? I know ill be in the 60fps-200fps in most games, and i know tearing will occur with Vsync off. However, is it THAT big of a deal, or is spending the extra money on G sync worth it?

Im torn between these two monitors at the moment:

Dell - S2716DGR
Features:
- 144hz
- 1ms response time
- G sync

Samsung - C27HG70
Features:
- 144hz
- 1ms response time
- Freesync
- Quantam Dot Technology
- HDR
- Curved screen

There are more quality features on the Samsung panel that i love, but it doesn't have G sync. If it did, that would be the BEST monitor, however i cannot find one with all of those features.

If anyone has any other suggestions other than these two, that would be awesome.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
G-Sync should be more of an after-thought rather than a must-have. Some argue that G-Sync/Freesync is a necessity but I still very much doubt that this is the case for 99% of the gaming/workplace populace. As long as you don't absolutely despise minimal screen tearing, then there is no reason to prioritize G-Sync.

Both of those monitors are fine, but basing off features I would definitely take the Samsung. There may not be a better monitor than the Samsung one, at least in the 5 minutes that I spend each day looking for monitors.

SpideySound

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

Yea i really really realllyyyyy like the Samsung, but wish it had G sync. I think what i might do is purchase the Samsung, and if the screen tearing is particularly bad to me, ill return it and get the G sync panel. I am in fact picky with screen tearing lol first world problems. Thanks for the help

AyyyyLmao

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
In my opinion the best monitor for what your looking for would be the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q, it's a great monitor for around the same price of the monitors you are debating between, it's 165hz, 2k, 4ms response time, g-sync, and 27 inches.

SpideySound

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016

A bit too pricey for me. Id much rather get the Dell, still has 144hz Gysnc 1440p, and its much cheaper, if you have any other let me know thanks!

TRENDING THREADS