General questions about building a gaming PC in February ($2500)

layer7nat

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
Hey guys, so i'm building a gaming PC in February of 2018, with a budget of $2500 + peripherals. I have been researching a lot for the last 4 years (yeah, i've delayed getting a PC for awhile), so I was just wondering a few things. I'm caught up with some of the models and stuff, but I just have some pretty general questions.

So, I'm thinking of doing a build like this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r6Y6TH

Will I be able to get an OS from CDKeys.com? Or do I have to pay the full $100+ from Windows officially?

Will the GTX 1080 still be considered one of the best in February? Or is Nvidia going to release newer cards? I don't want to buy this card then immediately feel left out if they release a new card. I know there's the 1080 Ti, but that's a little out of the budget.

Are these speakers good? Do they sound good?

Is this CPU cooler good? It's very cheap, and this processor is very expensive.

Besides socket size and Z170, what should I look for when choosing a motherboard? Do they all support 7.1 sound or whatever?

How do the key switches on that K70 RGB i picked feel? Should I stick with it or just get a Ducky so i get really cherry mx switches?

Is everything good together? What can I change to be more efficient? I'm pretty set on a Corsair keyboard, Razer deathadder mouse, intel processor, and Nvidia. I don't want to do anything AMD (sorry).

So, will everything be good? Please get back to me A.S.A.P.!

In general good build.
Comments:
1. Cooler too weak if you want to overclock
2. Why not coffee lake?
3. 3200 ram is better for that price range
4. PSU no good
5. Pay for legit os please.

Why do you need 2 monitors?