Asus PG279Q won't overclock to 165Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starwop

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Hello,

I just received my PG279Q and other than a couple of finger prints on the panel, it is in perfect condition!

However..... I can't get the monitor to overclock to 165Hz (A buddy's got the same problem). I've got a 980 TI, I've enabled G-sync, I've overclocked the monitor to 165Hz and turned it off and on again. It still won't show the 165Hz when I click the refresh rate button.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? There's literally nothing helpful to find online..

EDIT: I'm using the DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor.

Best regards
Marcus

Starwop

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

I'm using the DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor.

Nov 3, 2018
I am having the same exact issue with this monitor. I just took it out of the box tonight, it is a really nice product.
I have tried setting it to 165, the resetting the monitor. Yet, when I press the refresh/turbo button it still shows that I am at 60. Have not been able to figure it out yet.

Nov 3, 2018
I was just able to figure it out. Go to your Nvidia control panel -> Change resolution settings. Right next to where you can select your resolution is a dropdown menu for the refresh rate. You can select 165 from there. Huge difference, you can tell right away from the way the mouse cursor moves.

I hope this helps

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.