Can't connect to internet after Windows update

rnscrn

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Last night I got a windows update from Realtek Semiconductor Corp when I shut down my cpu for the night. When I started up today, it wouldn't connect to the internet. It views the potential connections, but when I try to connect to one is says "connecting", then a red X appears on the network icon on the bottom right for a moment, then it says it could not connect.

It is not an issue with the router or the internet in my area, as my other computer works fine.

I am currently using an ethernet cable from my router to my cpu and it's working fine, so it's something with the network adapter. I checked to make sure all the drivers were up to date and they are.

Any ideas?

rnscrn

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

"Roll back driver" is grayed out when I look at the adapter properties.

rnscrn

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015

It looks like it was the 11/16 update from Realtek Semiconductor Corp, which seems to be a Windows 10 Fall Creator update classified as "Divers (Sound)"

rnscrn

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
When I attempt to connect to my network, it asks me to type in the password, says connecting, then the x appears (its not there before I try to connect and not there after, just briefly when I try to connect), then tells me it cannot connect.

When I right click trouble shoot, it tells me I haven't tried to connect to a network yet and offers to show me available ones, which makes me do the first part again and the loop starts again.

rnscrn

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
It's odd, as the network appears so the adapter can obviously see it. The ethernet connection works perfectly when plugged into the router. It's just not actually connecting wirelessly when I try.