Faulty screen display

ooishock2011

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
How to change screen resolution using command line of window 8 as I messed up the display by making it a higher resolution. Now I cannot even adjust the screen through the appearance and personalization menu as most of the icons can’t be seen on the screen. I can’t even reduce it the size of display

Solution
You're welcome. I hope that it will work. I haven't tested it.
The commands are not difficult. You'd save the application ChangeScreenResolution.exe on the USB drive, root directory. Then connect the USB drive to the laptop. Windows will assign a letter to the drive, let's say D:, or E:, depending on the number of partitions on your HDD and if DRW drive present.
Then in Command prompt you'd type that letter followed by colon like e:
The command prompt should change to e:\>
Then type the command like ChangeScreenResolution.exe /w=1366 /h=768
Then see if working or not.

ooishock2011

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I tried that before but it does not work. Is there a way to resolve this through the command prompt c:\windows> or whatever command problem to get back my normal laptop resolution which I think should be 1024x600

ooishock2011

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Not yet for both options. Can you give me some instructions on how to do it? I am unable to see the menu boxes. such as cancel, keep , revert etc due to expanded display. I really type some commands using windows command..

ooishock2011

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017

ooishock2011

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Thank you for the excellent tip. I am going to get my IT friend to help me to carry out your suggestion as I m not tech savvy. This instruction is beyond my old mind to comprehend. I am very grateful to your first class advice and greatly appreciated it. The worst case scenario for me is to reset my toshiba laptop to factory default which means all my data will be gone forever. My resolution for toshiba satellite L 10-B setting is 1366x768. I think the problem started when I change the size of all item on setting mode to the maximum in addition to changing the resolution to the max level. This is because I wanted my laptop screen items to appear larger with the larger computer screen which I connected to my laptop. The lesson I learnt ie never tried something new which I hv min tech knowledge and I ve spent hrs looking through the net to redeem myself from this mass I got into.

You're welcome. I hope that it will work. I haven't tested it.
The commands are not difficult. You'd save the application ChangeScreenResolution.exe on the USB drive, root directory. Then connect the USB drive to the laptop. Windows will assign a letter to the drive, let's say D:, or E:, depending on the number of partitions on your HDD and if DRW drive present.
Then in Command prompt you'd type that letter followed by colon like e:
The command prompt should change to e:\>
Then type the command like ChangeScreenResolution.exe /w=1366 /h=768
Then see if working or not.

Solution