Windows 10 BSOD during USB install of new build

buzza9

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2012
Hey,

I am having some issues even beginning the installation of Windows 10 on my new build pc, specs are as follows:

i7 8700k
Asus Strix z370i - itx
1 x Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB
Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Mini
SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 550W 80+ Platinum
Windows 10 Retail USB stick.

link

Basically when I boot to the memory stick and select the 64 bit option, the files load and a Windows logo appears, a couple of seconds later it BSODs with the stop code 0x000021a.

I have updated the bios to the latest version, tried disableing secureboot, have changed to os option in the boot menu to windows os, reinstalled RAM and graphics card.

Not really sure what else to try, I have googled the error code but it just comes up with results for an existing installation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Is ssd blank?
Bug Check 0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

This error occurs when a user-mode subsystem, such as WinLogon or the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem (CSRSS), has been fatally compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. In response, the operating system switches to kernel mode. Microsoft Windows cannot run without WinLogon or CSRSS. Therefore, this is one of the few cases where the failure of a user-mode service can shut down the system.+
Mismatched system files can also cause this error.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0xc000021a--status-system-process-terminated

Its an usual error to get installing windows 10 on a blank ssd

Try making a new ISO on...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is ssd blank?
Bug Check 0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

This error occurs when a user-mode subsystem, such as WinLogon or the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem (CSRSS), has been fatally compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. In response, the operating system switches to kernel mode. Microsoft Windows cannot run without WinLogon or CSRSS. Therefore, this is one of the few cases where the failure of a user-mode service can shut down the system.+
Mismatched system files can also cause this error.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0xc000021a--status-system-process-terminated

Its an usual error to get installing windows 10 on a blank ssd

Try making a new ISO on another USB, and just see if its the installer causing it.

Solution