Dvi no signal after bios

stuuf

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
- ASUS VE248H 24 Monitor
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 6GB GDDR5
-ASUS PRIME Z270-A LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards - Intel

Okay, so my computer is running with fans and lights and all. I connect the dvi (white cable?)cable to the monitor and graphics card. I open up my monitor and it allows me access onto the bios. Everything seems to be accounted for ie hdd, ram, etc. After i click finish bios a screen pops up with "dvi no signal" and proceeds to restart back to the place where i click f1 to enter back into the bios. Infinite loop. I tried connecting to the mobo dvi port, removing power from computer and monitor and plugging em back in, removed and reinserted ram, and checked all cables to see if they are connected properly. I dont think theres a problem with the cable as it allows me access to the bios screen. Mind that this is the first computer i built, but it seems like many people with asus monitors have this problem. Ty for the fix if anyone got one.

Edit: fiddled with the menu button and now accidentally stuck on hdmi no signal and cant switch back to dvi or vga signal since it wont let me open the menu with the hdmi no signal blue screen. Now im truly screwed

Edit edit: used my tvs hdmi cable and plugged it into my monitor and graphics card. Still no "hdmi signal"