Can't install the Realtek audio drivers, I get "realtek hd audio manager has stopped working" after boot

I've got a brand new computer with an MSI Z270 Gaming M3 motherboard, it boasts of some kind of fancy Nahimic audio controller. Well it was working fine with the Windows built in audio drivers, but I want to install their special Realtek drivers to unlock the extra features. I can't. No matter what I do, after installing these drivers, I get the aforementioned error message on boot, or any time I try to open the Realtek audio control panel.

I have tried installing the drivers from the MSI website.

I have tried installing the drivers from the CD that came with my motherboard.

I have tried installing the drivers straight from the Realtek website.

Always uninstalling and deleting the original drivers, and rebooting between each step. But nothing has worked. This is a very new machine, Windows 10 was only installed on it 2 weeks ago. Here is the error message in Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: RtkNGUI64.EXE, version: 1.0.645.0, time stamp: 0x593e67d8
Faulting module name: NahimicAPONSControl.dll, version: 1.0.0.14866, time stamp: 0x54466155
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000114a8
Faulting process id: 0x2f70
Faulting application start time: 0x01d36d1bbb97fd4a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\NahimicAPONSControl.dll
Report Id: e589d37b-899c-40e8-8f58-7c50815c8c96
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Not much help there. But I'm at a loss of what else to try.
7 answers Last reply
More about install realtek audio drivers realtek audio manager stopped working boot
  1. That's not a driver that's a piece of software, it actually says right on the page that it requires you update your audio drivers first. And all 3 of the drivers I tried already, already came with the Nahimic software.
  2. those are your realtek driver https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-GAMING-M3.html#down-driver&Win10%2064and there is also a hotfix on the chipset on this link you you could try to install nahimic directly from the link of them .
  3. Yep like I said I've already tried the driver straight from that website, and straight from Realtek's website, and straight from my motherboard's CD, all 3 have this same error. And I already have all the chipset drivers and the hotfix installed.
  4. then you could have a motherboard issue do you see anything under control panel for this i would alao check with live update for any new bios and driver .
  5. There's no yellow triangles on any devices in Device Manager, and Live Update says the only driver I'm missing is this Realtek audio driver. The audio jacks on the motherboard work perfectly fine using the built in Windows audio driver, even the Realtek driver itself works fine at producing audio, it's just the Realtek Audio control panel (the one that tries to start on bootup and sit in the system tray) that crashes on startup.
  6. try to install it from live update but momentary disable virus software for the install of the driver .
Ask a new question

Read More

stopped working Drivers Realtek Audio crashing