3 error codes trying to install windows 10 DVD on a new pc build

boose1234

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
Hi,

I built a pc today and I've been running into problems installing windows 10. Sometimes I'll get an error before the installation initializes and other times I'll get it just as the installation starts.
The 3 errors I've gotten on different occasions are:
MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION
WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

Hardware:
ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151
I7 8700K
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SSD
G.SKILL NT Series 16GB DDR4
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

I have no idea what could be wrong and it's confusing that I'm getting more than one different error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

boose1234

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
So I updated the BIOS and things seemed to work fine for the last week but today my PC suddenly froze and I eventually got the blue screen error "Machine check exception" and now I get the error every time i try to boot it up.

boose1234

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
After swapping the ram around I still get the same problems. I can get to the UEFI and use it just fine so I don't think it's the mobo. I've been thinking that it's the cpu but is it likely that I would have gotten a defective unit? I really can't think of any other reason I would be having these difficulties.

Edit: I am actually starting to think it might be related to my memory speed and applied voltage. I have everything on the mobo set to auto.

Edit 2: Well I decided to just mess around and try dropping the VCCSA VCCIO voltages. At first I dropped them to 1.07 and 1.01 and the PC got to the login screen before getting a BSOD. So then I dropped both down to 0.95 and now it seems to be fine. 

Does anyone know the optimal voltages I should be using for my ram type?