Can't boot windows 10, black screen with cursor

morgannemis95

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
Ok so, I've been having plenty of issues with windows 10. Corrupted files and just general issues.. last night I decided I want to clean reinstall windows 10, so I just did it through recovery in the settings.

I started the install and went to bed. Woke up to a black screen, but I'm able to move my mouse, I tried various troubleshooting for these problems like trying to sign in blind etc etc.. haven't been successful.

I created a windows 10 installation media to perhaps try to do a repair, didn't work, I used the cmd prompt to try and reboot in safe mode.. doesn't work, none of the commands are successful.

I tried plugging in my monitor into the onboard slot but I guess I don't have one because I can't get any display, just my monitor flashing a green light which I guess means I don't have onboard.

Tried plugging an entirely different monitor in.. still the same issue. Nothing is working. I still have the windows 10 installation media but I can't get anywhere with it because the repair does nothing, I'm hopeless, finals are starting this week and this is a horrible time for this to happen to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I highly doubt it's a hardware issue, my hardware is pretty new and I've been gaming with no issues, my only issue was that i was having windows 10 problems.. like certain files not opening, start menu stopped working, file corruptions.. i just needed to reinstall windows and this happens..

Help me pleaseeee..