Movie streaming in HD not working on TV. Very weird issue. Only when sound goes through headphones not TV

pcfreaky

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Hi,

I don't exactly know where in the forums to post this because it's more of a software issue with bought Movie streaming and...sound for some reason.
So I have this very weird issue with Windows 10.
I have my PC connected to 1 Ultrawide Monitor, a 2nd 1080p Monitor with a HDMI switch, which I can switch connection from my 2nd 1080p Monitor to my TV.
When I try to watch a Youtube Movie in HD on my TV it keeps getting unlimited buffering. Amazon Movie can't play in HD either. And every other youtube video can be played at HD and above, only Movies I bought won't, that's why it's so weird. Video games work just fine as well on max settings.
I tried different browser and all have the same issue, Microsoft edge especially was VERY laggy/slow but it was the only slow browser.
So when I switched back to my 2nd 1080p Monitor everything was fine. Movies worked on HD without an issue.
This happens ONLY with Movie Streaming like Youtube Movies and Amazon Movies streaming in HD.

So I tested my sound devices, maybe it doesn't work when the sound goes through my HDMI to the TV. So I switched Playback devices back to my headphones and.....it worked just fine on my TV in HD. Amazon Movie also went to HD in seconds.

So I came to the conclusion it had to do something with sound. Is it a Software or Hardware(HDMI/TV) issue?

Movie streaming (Amazon and Youtube):
HD on TV with sound : doesn't work
SD on TV with sound : works
HD on TV with sound from headphones: works

pcfreaky

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from pcfreaky : "Movie streaming in HD not working on TV. Only when sound goes through headphones not TV. Very weird issue"

Hi,

I don't exactly know where in the forums to post this because it's more of a sound-Display for some reason.
So I have this very weird issue with Windows 10.
I have my PC connected to 1 Ultrawide Monitor, a 2nd 1080p Monitor with a HDMI switch, which I can switch connection from my 2nd 1080p Monitor to my TV.
When I try to watch a Youtube Movie in HD on my TV it keeps getting unlimited buffering. Amazon Movie can't play in HD either. And every other youtube video can be played at HD and above, only Movies I bought won't, that's why it's so weird. Video games work just fine as well on max settings.
I tried different browser and all have the same issue, Microsoft edge especially was VERY laggy/slow but it was the only slow browser.
So when I switched back to my 2nd 1080p Monitor everything was fine. Movies worked on HD without an issue.
This happens ONLY with Movie Streaming like Youtube Movies and Amazon Movies streaming in HD.

So I tested my sound devices, maybe it doesn't work when the sound goes through my HDMI to the TV. So I switched Playback devices back to my headphones and.....it worked just fine on my TV in HD. Amazon Movie also went to HD in seconds.

So I came to the conclusion it had to do something with sound. Is it a Software or Hardware(HDMI/TV) issue?

Movie streaming (Amazon and Youtube):
HD on TV with sound : doesn't work
SD on TV with sound : works
HD on TV with sound from headphones: works

TRENDING THREADS