How to troubleshoow Windows 10 slow load problem ?

moggerds

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I installed Windows 10 on SSD drive about a year ago and initially windows loaded within a minute. But since about 8-6 months ago it, does not matter if I restart or turn on/off, sits on load screen for about ~8-10 minutes before showing login screen. I'm a networking guy and have no idea how to troubleshoot such windows problem. Any ideas where to start ?

I played with a few things in bios menu but no success. I have no other copies of windows installed as well.

here is a pic

thank you for your time.

Regards,

Dan

Candan

Honorable
Jul 27, 2014
Type MSCONFIG from start and click the starup tab. Remove everything that boots as part of your startup and see how quick the boot up is. Then one by one, start adding back in your programs you want to run with startup so you can eliminate your issue

moggerds

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017

Thanks for your reply. It is not applicable in my case.

The loading is happening at much earlier stage.

here is a pic
I can disable "Gigabyte" logo in bios and it turns into windows loading logo for the same amount of time. So there is something in Windows boot process that either fails or does something for that long

moggerds

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017

* It takes 7.5 minutes to pass splash screen.
* Startup repair did not change anything
* I could not start safemode to test load time for safemode. The problem is that once I chose "startup settings" and pc restarts to F1-F10 menu my keyboards stops working although it works fine in diagnostic menu. So i can't press F4 to enter safe mode.
* Installed EaseUS and checked the C drive with no errors or bad sectors found

Usually in such situations I simply reinstall Windows but I'm trying to avoid such option this time.

moggerds

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
With windows sometimes it easier to reinstall than waste time troubleshooting. I spend 40 minutes reinstalling and now it takes 22 seconds to load.

End of story