Sound not working with specific programs or realtek audio manager

rurouni.hameh

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
As it currently stands I am able to get sound from things like you firefox, certain games, slack and a few other programs, but I am not getting sound from others. when i try to test the sound through realtek audio manager it acts like it's going to play the sound the left speaker lights up for a split second and then nothing happens and the button doesn't revert back to a play button. another program that is having issues is go to meeting which says that my audio is not supported. Sound blaster cinema 2 acts the same way as realtek (i have tried removing it to see if it was causing issues).

Currently i have checked audio settings in the mixer, checked to make sure that realtek is set to the default driver, tried 3 different drivers - the most recent from realtek, the initial that came with the motherboard and I am currently on the most recent version offered through msi. I have completely removed the drivers through the device manager and also cleaned up the registry to make sure nothing was left behind before doing a reinstall of the drivers. Nothing has fixed this issue. sound works great on applications that works on. Also I have checked the event log to check and see if there were any errors related to the issue but unfortunately there wasn't.

I have an intel i7, msi z97 - gaming 7 motherboard, nvidia 1080 and 16 gigs of G.skill ram

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date.
2| Uninstall Realtek's drivers and download the latest off of Realtek's site as well as MSI's support site.
3| When reinstalling, you can:
a| try installing in compatibility mode i.e:
Right click installer>properties>Compatibility tab>Windows 8 or prior
or
b| Right click installer>Run as Administrator