Monitor goes off and back on during gaming, computer stays on.

desdouglas82

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
Hello. My monitor has been going on and off during gaming. I have tried troubleshooting as much as possible and thought I would ask the knowledgeable folks here.

I cleaned the computer tower out, air blasted the graphics card and checked to make sure all fans are running.

I downloaded Speccy and have been running it during my game play. The card itself runs at 78 C - 79 C when I am playing. When it is just under normal system load it sits around 42 C - 52 C.

My PSU sits at 12.232 v with little fluctuation. It is 1000w.

Voltage
+3.3V 3.360 V
CPU CORE 1.080 V
+5V 5.129 V
+12V 12.232 V
VSB3V 3.360 V
CMOS BATTERY 3.248 V

The only thing I can come up with is replacing the cable or checking the capacitors in the monitor itself. I have had monitors die in the past but they never went off and on; the screens would dim and there would be graphical artifacts.

desdouglas82

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
I almost forgot this post. I plugged two monitors into my graphics card, when under load (gaming or maximized screen during movie) the Samsung is going off and on while the Acer is staying on.

The Samsung connects with a 14v AC/DC adapter, I could not find one locally and will have to order it from Amazon, Newegg, Ebay or Tiger Direct. I am wondering if the AC/DC adapter is the problem or the Samsung monitor.

Any theories?