Can I run 3 1080p@60Hz monitors and a 4K@120Hz TV on a 1080Ti?

aphemra

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Title pretty much says it all. I know I can run 4 1080p monitors as per Nvidia's spec sheet for the 1080Ti.

However, I've read online in various places while searching for an answer to this question that the 1080Ti can handle more than that.

Is this true and if so, does it require anything more than the latest versions of DisplayPort and HDMI?

Thanks!

Solution
Yes, you can run all that, no worries. I run duals on a 660ti without issue. It'll handle nvidia surround too. Somewhat, depending on the game. Dp/hdmi are firmware, hard built into gpus/monitors etc, not something you can change, but the 1080ti is new enough and strong enough to use the latest anyways. I'd suggest DP not hdmi.
The TV might not work, for some ppl it just doesn't accept stronger cards, for some it does.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, you can run all that, no worries. I run duals on a 660ti without issue. It'll handle nvidia surround too. Somewhat, depending on the game. Dp/hdmi are firmware, hard built into gpus/monitors etc, not something you can change, but the 1080ti is new enough and strong enough to use the latest anyways. I'd suggest DP not hdmi.
The TV might not work, for some ppl it just doesn't accept stronger cards, for some it does.

Solution

You can run up to 4 independent displays. The resolution of the displays does not matter.

FYI you will only get 4K 60 Hz; "120 Hz" on TVs does not mean the same thing as it does on monitors; it is still only a 60 Hz display.