Software and tools to downgrade to win 7 and restore win 7 backup even when not ugprading ?

themiziko

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017
Hello everyone !
Is it possible to have "Restore to windows 7" And windows 7 backup options on fresh installation of windows 10, when not upgrading from win 7 to win 10 ? Are they always there ? or does it mean that the system needed to be installed by installing win 7 and upgrading to win 10 ?

Solution
And from your first pic, the folder "Windows10Upgrade" does exist in a clean Windows 10 install.
Again, my current system had a clean install of Win 10 Pro in Nov 2016.
That folder exists on my machine. It is from the semi-annual large update. The Fall Creators Update for your newly installed system.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you're doing a clean install of Windows 10, there's no going to Windows 7. The install does not contain two separate operating systems.

This does beg the question of what need you have that you'd want to have such an arrangement.

themiziko

Reputable
Sep 19, 2017

Let me give some information here for you to better understand the issue.
My PC was build from part I chose and bought, but by another person.
And I want to know if this :
https://gyazo.com/d9642651402833f91d82720b14ecebb6

and this : https://gyazo.com/a9de5bd61023de7c6c290a4079902f39

would exist if this person would install the system from official windows 10 pendrive I gave to him with Windows 10 Home.
Or does it mean he upgraded win 7 to win 10 ?
Because not only do I have some driver issues and audio delays since I got the PC, probably due to the upgrade from win7, but also it means he might have installed the system from illegal source.

But he claims he didn't upgrade the system on this PC from win 7. I wanted to know if this files and options exist by default

USAFRet

Titan
From your second pic, that function continues to be mislabeled as 'Win 7'.
It is not.

This, from my Win 10 Pro system, and it has been Win 10 for well over a year, and a clean install of WIn 10.
s9v27Yy.png

That "Win 7" is simply lazy developers that have not updated that label.
It does NOT mean you can go back to Win 7.

USAFRet

Titan
And from your first pic, the folder "Windows10Upgrade" does exist in a clean Windows 10 install.
Again, my current system had a clean install of Win 10 Pro in Nov 2016.
That folder exists on my machine. It is from the semi-annual large update. The Fall Creators Update for your newly installed system.

Solution