PG278QR Sometimes Blinking

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Hello,

I bought a PG278QR during Black Friday and it came with QC (Quality Control) sticker on the box. I am using the DisplayPort cable for G-Sync. It was working just fine for the first few days or couple weeks of usage. I really liked this monitor.

Then the problem occurred. Sometimes when gaming (only gaming and under load, other uses like web and file browsing is fine), it would keep "blinking". What I mean by blinking is that the screen goes black and back in an endless loop (like an infinite while loop) and judging by the LED colour, based from the manual, it goes to standby mode and goes back to standard mode even though I have the monitor on G-Sync mode, G-Sync should be enabled when only in full screen.

The only solution I found online so far was to unplug the power cord for a few seconds then plug it back it, same with the DisplayPort 1.2 cable (maybe the cable itself). But this solution isn't permanent as it often happens again some other time I play. Is there permanent solution to this? I hate having to re-plug the monitor every so often.

Edit:

I have all CPU, GPU, and RAM at stock clock.

I also have another monitor (1080p 60hz Pavilion HP 27bw) plugged in but disabled unless I what to play or watch something on my bed or with guest over.

Specs:

Check within my computer setup.

MeesterYellow

Honorable
Jan 12, 2017
Games I've tried with this monitor that has had this problem are Batman Arkham Knight, The Rise of the Tomb Raider, GTA V, and the Witcher 3. Most indie games I've tried are fine, except for Hotline Miami 2 but I was copying files over to a hard drive at that time.