(youtube) videos cause windows 10 to completely freeze for about 10 seconds.

bluedragon120

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Im using a laptop, the Lenovo legion Y520, it's about 2 months old.
SPECS:
gtx 1050
i7 7700HQ
8gb ram

Im using Google Chrome to watch these videos.

So the problem is that when watching youtube videos windows will just randomly freeze for about 10 seconds. This happens on average once every 5 videos.
Sound will keep playing for about 3 seconds then also cut out.
After that the screen will flicker black and it will work again like nothing happend. (maybe GPU related?)

Here is what i tried already:
Clear browser history/cookies.
Updates video card drivers.
Checked for driver updates for cpu
Windows 10 is up to date.

So this is a laptop so it switches between integrated graphics and the gtx 1050, possibly that is the cause? i don't know.

I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks!

bluedragon120

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
So i switched to firefox and the problems stopped, so it seems to be a problem with google chrome for me. And firefox offers almost the same add-ons as google chrome does, so this will work for me, still strange though.

Its somewhat called hardware acceleration or something that chrome uses, im not sure but my Amd card crashes more than often on Chrome.
Goto chrome settings, scroll down and you should see in Advanced properties, called something by System and Under system "Use hardware acceleration when available" switch to opposite side (on->off, off->on) but i think it should be set to off and see if the problem persists.