How To Turn Off 'Pick Up Where I Left Off' In Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock_n_Rolla

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
We here @ Microsoft we value your computer use and behavior...

... AND this feature in Win 10 is our own way of saying...

"We can track you way better than Google, and the moment you go online we'll know what exactly the apps you used and the sites you visited no matter if you have tons of firewall and antivirus installed in your computer.."

Lol!

So, settings have been so arbitrarily obscured now in Windows 10 that I have to put Cortana back and search for them?

Others may not feel the same, but I would rather see bug fixes than constant feature push.

1709.16299.64 still has the bug that re-installs uninstalled Store apps at every login, despite that bug being patched.

ibjeepr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012

That was my first thought.

Diji1

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2012
So, settings have been so arbitrarily obscured now in Windows 10 that I have to put Cortana back and search for them?

How about just fixing the very first bug I ever encountered in Windows 10: user left clicks the start menu and nothing happens.

Years later, here I am rebooting again to use the fricken start menu.

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Kind of useless for everyone whose windows is not in English language, how about showing a cross language solution, an universal registry mod or command line solution.

Ilya__

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016

You have a point, but spy better than Google? I don't think so. You use Chrome right? And Gmail I guess, Android phone may I ask?

Toms should do a guide on what to do after windows install i personally spend more time disabling crap and running programs to disable/ force uninstall uninstallable crap that tracks you then the actual install.

Status
Not open for further replies.