New pre-built gaming PC - Having weird issues & want to reset (wipe windows and drivers?)

mang0z

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
Hi everyone,

A good friend just bought a new gaming pc: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102333

Everything was installed and apparently updated when he booted up, but he is running in to some odd problems:
- Installed program's shortcut disappeared (Discord), the program no longer lets him load it & Windows is not allowing him to un-install because it cant find certain required files. This is after he installed and used the program, and it functioned fine.
- Unable to connect to any servers through a game he bought (PUBG), even though we've tried everything under the sun to fix it. Counterstrike 1.6 seems to work fine.
- Random errors when trying to load Steam and PUBG.

Seeing as we've tried everything else, I am wondering if Windows or some of his drivers are installed incorrectly and that is why he's getting errors..

My question: Is there an easy way for us to completely wipe all his drivers and Windows 10, to get back to his base build and install everything from scratch?

I don't know what else to do.. we've hit a wall and we are both extremely frustrated.

Thanks for any help!

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. To get started, go to Settings > Update & security > Reset this PC > Get started and choose an option.

Choose remove everyting option:

Remove everything

Reinstalls Windows 10 and removes all your personal files.
Removes apps and drivers you installed.
Removes changes you made to settings.
Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

microsoft.com

mang0z

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

Blackbird - Thank you! **Do you know if he will need a Windows Key to re-install windows? He never got anything like that from the PC manufacturer so our biggest concern is not being able to re-install after doing the reset. He doesn't have a disk or usb or anything with Windows 10 on it, as the PC came with the OS pre-installed.