4k TV Monitor and Gaming Monitor as Secondary on GTX 1080 Ti

Matthias_

Reputable
Jun 21, 2016
Hi,

I have a msi GTX 1080 ti Gaming x trio coming on the way, and I need a secondary monitor. So I decided to get a Samsung 4k 43" tv to be my main monitor and leave the existing Asus mg28uq as secondary.
http://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/uhd-ku6510/UE43KU6510UXXU/

The question is, currently on my rx480 I couldn't do that because amd can only connect multiple monitors if the primary is connected via DP cable which in this case not possible as the tv only has HDMI 2.0
Does the aforementioned gtx1080 ti require same configuration, or can I have two monitors both connected via HDMI or HDMI on TV and DP on secondary monitor? I heard Nvidia is more flexible on multi monitor setups.

Solution
I would set it up with HDMI for the HDTV and DP for the Asus, I've done the same thing (well 2 monitors instead of 1 monitor and 1 HDTV) and it works fine. You may need to go into Nvidia Control Panel to adjust the primary monitor but it's easy to do.

WildCard999

Titan
I would set it up with HDMI for the HDTV and DP for the Asus, I've done the same thing (well 2 monitors instead of 1 monitor and 1 HDTV) and it works fine. You may need to go into Nvidia Control Panel to adjust the primary monitor but it's easy to do.

Solution