Lots of blue screens and freezing

harryjackson1

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
While playing games or even just browsing the internet my PC will crash and i will have to force restart my PC by holding down the power off button. I cannot do anything except from moving my mouse around the screen, if i hover over the mouse task bar then the cursor will turn to the blue circle when something is not responding. I can also hear the audio that plays while it stops responding. If i do Ctrl+Alt+Del nothing will happen and if i try to open any programme or something
like task manager, they will not open. If I leave the PC on for long enough without force restarting it, everything will go black and i will hear 5 beeps that come through my headset and then it will come back. If it does not come back with the five beeps i will be shown this:
microsoft_windows.png
I can click this but nothing will happen and will eventually have to force shut down my PC.

If my PC has started to slow down (signifying that a crash is about to come) and task manager is open or that i manage to open it, it will say that the disk % is on 100, while all running prgrams are using 0 MB/s

I have had my PC for 3 years but i have replaced all of the parts from what it was at the beginning except from the graphics card and the ram. I have bought a new graphics card and i am waiting to put it into my system.

Sometimes when i start my PC after it has frozen it will go straight to the BIOS menu and if i press Save and restart it will take me back to the same menu and if i press Exit and continue it will take me to the Advanced BIOS menu.

Specs:
Intel i5-4460
GTX 960
Cooler Master 400W power supply
8GB DD3 Ram
Windows 10 OS
480 GB SSD

Error codes that i usually receive:
Unmountable_Boot_Volume (This is a code given in the Blue screen of death)
Unexpected_Store_Exception (This is a code given in the Blue screen of death)
Bad_System_Config_Info (This is a code given in the Blue screen of death)
BiInitialiseLibrary Failed 0xc00000bb (This is given on just a black screen with this code on the top left)

I also get times when my PC will go to the ASUS loading screen and will say "Repairing your PC. This may take over an hour to complete." but then this will only take less than a minute.

The stuff i do while it freezes:
Play CSGO (Often Freezes)
Play Arma 3 (Often Freezes)
Play Shadow Of War (Often Freezes)
Play Fortnite (Often Freezes)
Dark Souls 3 (Rarely Freezes)
Browse the internet (Very rarely Freezes)

Whenever my PC freezes and crashes, the game that i am playing will become uninstalled, but when i go to re-install it, it will discover the files and become playable again.

If there is anything else that you need to know just ask.

Thanks in advance

Solution
you might want to:
- update the BIOS
- update the motherboard drivers from your motherboard vendors website
- confirm your data cables to the SSD are properly connected.

download and run crystaldiskinfo.exe then use it to find out the firmware version of your SSD. then check the vendor to see if there is a firmware update. You might also put the SSD drive data cable on a different SATA port on the primary SATA controller. (generally the slower one supported directly by the CPU)
often the secondary sata controller is not updated by windows update and you have to install the updates from the motherboard vendor.

for the SSD you also need to make sure there is plenty of free space on the drive so the firmware can run and do repairs on...

harryjackson1

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

Hello thanks for the quick response, i forgot to add that I am not very good with computing and i don't really know what to do, so if you could explain what to do that would be very helpful.
Thanks

harryjackson1

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
I have just googled how to locate my dmp files and where it says the location of the files, there is no file, or anything there.

Sorry for Down voting the reply, did not mean too.

harryjackson1

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

I do not have ccleaner installed although the dump files are sill not there,may this be because i sometimes have to force shutdown my PC to get anything to happen?

harryjackson1

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

I have found the file called "Minidump" but there the folder is empty although my PC just crashed.

you might want to:
- update the BIOS
- update the motherboard drivers from your motherboard vendors website
- confirm your data cables to the SSD are properly connected.

download and run crystaldiskinfo.exe then use it to find out the firmware version of your SSD. then check the vendor to see if there is a firmware update. You might also put the SSD drive data cable on a different SATA port on the primary SATA controller. (generally the slower one supported directly by the CPU)
often the secondary sata controller is not updated by windows update and you have to install the updates from the motherboard vendor.

for the SSD you also need to make sure there is plenty of free space on the drive so the firmware can run and do repairs on your drive. Sometimes the firmware gets behind on the cleanup and makes the drive not respond within the time limits (30 seconds) Best to boot your system and go into bios for a few hours so the drive can do its cleanup routines without windows putting it to sleep after 10 minutes.

motherboard driver updates should also have sound drivers updates that could prevent certain conflicts with GPU sound support.

updating the BIOS or resetting it to defaults will force the BIOS to rescan the hardware and provided a updated database of hardware settings to windows. you should do this if you change the video card.
especially if you upgrade the card from the same vendor. IE upgrade a NVidia card to a better Nvidia card the bios should be reset. You will also need to make sure your power supply is correctly rated for the new GPU card or your system will get brown outs or will reboot on you while running games.

Solution