Building Gaming PC please check my parts list

wroles91

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
I am looking to spend less than $1800.00 on a new system. I have the following parts picked out but I need to make sure that they all work and that the overall build is good for my money.

I would like to have a panel that support G-Sync as well(and 120Hz), so any recommendations are appreciated. Please let me know if the parts are compatible and if anything should be changed, swapped out or omitted.

To make this easier I created everything in an Amazon Shopping List.

http://a.co/fblQK2I

wroles91

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

I just saw that the prices seem to be pretty good/about the same as newegg. Plus, I get cash back on my amazon card :p

Will all of these components work with eachother?

If I buy a 120HZ panel with G-Sync will it work without any issues?

If I need to one day just upgrade or add a card is it going to be difficult or is it pretty straight forward?

wroles91

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

thank you, is it going to be difficult to put together and set up?

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
In terms of difficulty, let’s just say that this is a REALLY expensive Lego technic kit which can be broken by using too much pressure, but I’m sure you will be ok. Of course, you will have to deal with any Pc builders nightmare: Cable management. (It’s not a huge nightmare)

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
I would change the RAM for a CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2666Mhz,since it can run at that speed by default and maximumly without O.C.You know O.C is bad,it just reduces your overall components lifespan,im not a fan of O.C.

secondly i would buy a 4K or 144Hz ultrawide monitor G-SYNC if your budget allows.

Thirdly the same video card but MSI brand.If your budget allows,go for the Ti.

Forth,if you can go get a platinum PSU like this IN WIN Classic C750W 80 PLUS Platinum, FULL Modular.Also being FULL MODULAR is very important beacuse of a cleaner,air cooling system.Less cables,the better your case management will be.

Fifth,I would get a better CPU cooler.

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
I will agree with the previous commenter for the second one. You have a top notch gpu, use it to its potential. For the first suggestion, I agree about the oc part, but ram is ram, doesn’t make a huge impact. In terms of the third comment, msi isn’t the sole brand to make “a good gtx 1080”. EVGA is also good. For the fourth comment, I would recommend a semi modular or better. You will be using the 2 main cables regardless. In terms of the last comment, just make sure it’s a somewhat reputable brand.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

None of this is true.

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

how lol.

wroles91

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

I am trying to understand the best option in terms of RAM. I know next to nothing about the different configurations. Some say CL15 @300 other say 3200 without CL15......what does all of this mean? Whats the best one based on my equipment list?

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

From what i learnt,the first very important thing before purchasing a RAM is the Latency (CAS),the lower,the better.

There are few rams that have higher speed with low cas but those are expensive.

Just get the lowest CAS and higher clock speed as you can.I reccomend the TridentZ but if ur pocket doesnt allow it,you can switch to the corsair rams i mentioned you.Is very good enough.